Project managers are responsible for gathering and organizing information on the scope, budget, and timeline of software development projects. As of July 24th, 2016 we have an opening for a junior to mid-level project manager in Philadelphia, PA.
Project managers are responsible for gathering and organizing information on the scope, budget, and timeline of software development projects. Every week they will be expected to run a meeting with the stakeholders of each project under their care. During this meeting the work completed, underway, and work to be performed during the next development sprint must be reviewed. Actual and estimated length of time and cost for each work item must be communicated. At the end of the meeting, any new specifications from the project stakeholders must be gathered in accordance with our specification standards.
Primary Job Duties
- Schedule and maintain regular scheduled meetings with stakeholders for assigned projects.
- Review the work completed, underway, and upcoming on each assigned project with the project’s stakeholders.
- Collect new specifications from project stakeholders according to INVEST+E specification guidelines.
- File new specifications in each project’s Backlog milestone and communicate the presence of new specifications for estimation to development staff.
- Compile and communicate the estimated timeline and cost for individual tasks based on feedback from development staff.
- Obtain sign off from project stakeholders for production deployments of projects.
Secondary Job Duties
- Assist with collection of development staff time records and invoicing at the first and middle of the month.
- Assist with testing efforts prior to a project release.
- Assist with project documentation and training efforts.
- Assist with contract communications, including onboarding of clients and subcontractors.
Skills and Qualifications
Verbal and Written Communication, Basic Accounting and Statistical Knowledge, Spreadsheet and Word Processing Experience, Familiarity with Web Application and Software Development
Location, Hours, and Terms
- Center City Philadelphia, PA
- Flexible hours with some neccessary meetings between 9am and 5pm Eastern
- Independent contractors, contract-to-hire is a possibility
- Compensation is hourly and based on experience